The goal of the ERDAS site license is to ensure that image processing technology is available for research and teaching at the University of Kansas (KU). This is accomplished by providing faculty, staff, and students with cost-effective access to a broad array of image processing technology, including the industry standard ERDAS Imagine software, under the ERDAS Higher Education Annual Kit (HEAK) program.
- What is the ERDAS HEAK Program?
- Who Can Participate?
- What is Remote Sensing and Image Processing?
- Why ERDAS Imagine?
- Site Licence Fee Schedule
- What's Covered
- What's Not Covered
- Contact Information
What is the ERDAS HEAK Program?
Who Can Participate?
Participation in the HEAK program is available either for individuals at KU (e.g, individual researchers or teachers) or for KU administrative units (e.g., departments or research programs). The site license only allows use the software on university owned computers.
The HEAK Student License allows students to install ERDAS Imagine on their personal computers. A one year license is $100.
What is Remote Sensing and Image Processing?
Why ERDAS Imagine?
Site Licence Fee Schedule
|Option||Annual Fee||Number of Licenses|
Software included under the HEAK:
- IMAGINE Professional which includes: Viewer, Import/Export, Raster Editor, Map Composer, Mosaic, Image Interpreter, Spatial Modeler, Model Maker, Classification, Rectification, Image Catalog, Radar Interpreter, and On-line Documentation
- IMAGINE Vector
- IMAGINE VirtualGIS
- IMAGINE Developer's Toolkit ($1,000)
- IMAGINE OrthoMax Professional ($2,000)
- IMAGINE Subpixel Classifier ($1,000)
Support for ERDAS Imagine software is coordinated by the Site Administrator. Support questions are initially sent (email preferred) to the Site Administrator who forwards the questions to ERDAS Inc. ERDAS Inc will then contact the unit/individual requesting support to resolve the problem.
What's Not Covered
Kansas Applied Remote Sensing